Thursday 14 August 2008

New Favourite Music Shop

I have been there before, but today I visited Hobgoblin in Birmingham, and had a great time. The selection of traditional instruments is fantastic, as I already knew, but so is the customer service.

There was a woman in the store, who had got there ahead of me. She had no experience of playing a musical instrument, and wanted to know what instrument would be the easiest place to start. The man working in the shop couldn't have been more helpful. He discussed what kind of music she was interested in - Cajun, as it happened - and went through various instruments, demonstrating each one, and telling her about ease of use, price, and how easy it would be to move on to another instrument.

When it was my turn to be served, they didn't have the mandola strings I was after in stock. They have ordered them for me, and promised they would be dispatched from the warehouse today. All in all, a good trip.

No comments: